What is Child Find?
Child Find is a free developmental screening program for children birth to five years old living within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community. Child Find helps to identify if a child is meeting developmental milestones with social and emotional development. Parent Educators conduct a free screening while playing with the child.
- Developmental screenings, including hearing checks
- Referrals for physical, occupational, and speech and language therapy
- Home-based activities geared to help progress learning skills and social/emotional development
- Continuing services through kindergarten transition
- Supporting parents, childcare providers or Preschool teachers of enrolled children
- Coordination with agencies that provide social and health services
- Family meetings
- Additional services and referrals tailored to the needs and concerns of the families
Child Find is located next to the Cafetorium at ECEC.
Child Find is open
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Main Number: 480-362-2257
Child Find Staff:
|Child Find Program Coordinator||Nikki Thomas||480-362-2214|
|Child Find Parent Educator||Kim Cohill||480-362-2209|
|Child Find Parent Educator||Linda Brown||480-362-2274|
|Child Find Program Clerk||Maria Chappy||480-362-2257|